Letter To Mr Paulo Coelho: About Coincidences and Omens

Letter to Mr Paulo Coelho:


When I was a child, I was given a diary. So at 9 years old, I started to write simple things of the events that occurred in school and with my classmates. While I read my diary in 2008 when I was 40, looking at what a 10 year old child had written, I was very upset of how I was being treated by one of my aunts whom I thought loved me the most, as she's also made my god mother. 

I wrote in one of the entries in the year 1978, asking my aunt if I could communicate with her by writing in my diary and asking her questions about things that I want to know so that she could take her time to reply if she's busy. She replied in just three words in Chinese, but one word three characters in English meaning "Mad". How would someone I loved talked to me a 10 year old in such a tone! I was very disappointed.

I read the book 'A Warrior's Life' about your past, and found a lot of similarities we had. Like the 4 and a half year old, which for me was when I began to be able to remember my life as a young child.

I want to congratulate you! Although you've not been given any prizes, diplomas or medals during any award ceremonies while you were young, I think the amount of book prizes that you have won and the number of book festival ceremonies that you have attended must have far exceeded by those of your peers.

Your mother and father must be very proud of you and your achievements, I guess, especially the gift you promised to present to Infant Jesus of Prague at the Church of Lady Victorious.

My father was married also at that age of 33 and your birth year happened to be the same as my mother's. Plus the day and month are also exactly the same as my younger brother Victor, ie 24th August, a Leo. Although my father had passed away, and left only my mother, I have not had good relationship since young. Perhaps its like this for Chinese conservative families. And after so much had happened, I now would just regard my mother as 'the mother' instead of the word 'my'.

I wrote this letter while I was still reading Chapter 2 of the book about your biography, saying that you wrote a will to destroy all your diaries and cassette tapes but changed your mind and that this book has records of them. I'm so lucky to chance upon this book written by Fernando Morais 'Paulo Coelho: A Warrior's Life' when browsing through all the new age collections in the library's catalog. 

Thank you for all the books that you've written! I've read most of them only up to the emergence of 'The Zarhir'. Out of all these, I bought 3 of them, 'The Pilgrimage', 'Fifth Mountain' and 'The Alchemist'. Hopefully, I have the energy to attract your other books to read them. Thank you!

A very Happy New Year to you, Mr Paulo Coelho, Christina and your cook! 😀


PS: As I was looking for an Amazon copy of this book 'Paulo Coelho: A Warrior's Life', I surprisingly found a black and white cover which stated "January 1, 2049". What omen is this? :)


Note: Click on the image/s will bring you to an Amazon product page to see what's up 😊

Comments